Monday 16 July 2012

Miscellanea

Stef and I have been in Devon this weekend. We had a fairly quiet weekend but went over to Branscombe to run hill reps on Saturday morning on the coastal path and in the afternoon went for a walk over to Black Hole Marsh. The waders are just starting to return and we spotted five black-tailed godwits, several common sandpipers, a decent flock of curlew and a greenshank. Stef's mum provided us with her usual good fare including an excellent roast chicken dinner yesterday. The other thing we did was go to see the recent land-slips on the local coast including the now infamous 'hole in the road' near Seaton Hole

We've got a couple of weekends coming up in the Lakes and I've just ordered two Harvey Superwalker maps. I think I mentioned in my SLMM write-up how I was impressed with the Harvey map used for the event and I'm looking forward to doing some naviagation on our upcoming weekends away

No comments:

Post a Comment