Monday 28 February 2011

Progress

Another good weekend of training under the belt. On Saturday me and Stef ran around the Lake, Ridge and Wainwright route in 'mixed' conditions. It was a decent day when we set off from Borrowdale but we ended up in full waterproofs three times through the day as wintry showers caught us as they passed through the district. We managed the run at BG pace in spite of stopping to cover up and jog / walking the last couple of miles due to us being too lazy to dig our headtorchs out

Yesterday afternoon we had a run up my local hill, Beamsley Beacon, after a lie-in, an excellent cooked breakfast at Buffers cafe, Storiths and an hour or so planning the next few weeks training. We re-climbed the main ridge three times to give us 2200ft or so on the the day and 10,000+ft for the weekend. The sun was just setting as we got to the top for the last time and the view over to Pendle Hill was amazing

I ended up a bit short on mileage for the week at around 35, but with my best climbing of the year at 13,000ft+. I'm sure I'm well up on where I was this time last year and feel as strong as I did at the end of last April. My knees are nowhere as bad as they were Wednesday last week and I'm feeling a lot more confident than I was a month ago

No comments:

Post a Comment