Monday 21 March 2011

Dippers, passes and cakes

What a fantastic weekend I had! As I'd hoped I went down to Barden Bridge for a walk along the Wharfe on Friday afternoon after work. No sign of any sand martins yet but I saw curlew, goosander, oystercatcher, dipper, treecreeper, heron, long-tailed tit and nuthatch

On Saturday Stef and I did the Four Lakeland Passes LDWA event, which was very informal (no numbers or tallies were issued, no times taken and no results will be posted). The route was brilliant and we ran round in a couple of minutes over five hours, which we were both really happy about. Ian Charters has some great photos on his blog

Yesterday it was over to Heptonstall for the first running of Stephen Grimley's new race. To be honest it was hard work after Saturday but we really enjoyed it and weren't last! There are some photos from the race here and here Steve put a huge amount of effort into the race including getting the local vicar out to bless the 202 runners before the start plus laying on a mountain of cakes for afterwards. I think he has an instant classic on his hands and reckon we've got a worthy addition to the FRA race calendar

With the LDWA event and yesterday's race we managed eight and half hours training over the weekend and both me and Stef bagged a 40mile+ / 10,000ft week

No comments:

Post a Comment