Wednesday 30 March 2011

Liver Hill fell race

Spring has now officially sprung! Last night I went over to Rawtenstall in Lancashire for the Liver Hill fell race organised by Rossendale Harriers This is seriously fast and furious; an all-runnable 5mile / 800ft, held every year on the first Tuesday after the clocks are put forward. For me it marks the transition from winter to spring running and last night I ran in vest and shorts, which felt just right

This is the third time I've done the race and it's a good sharpener when the vast majority of your training involves slogging up mountains and jogging the flats before running back down. The long moorland section is more like a cross-country race than a typical Pennine fell race and this year the going was fast with just the 11 stiles to hold the runners back

I was talking to an old friend last week and he suggested I try to include some quality running each week into my training. Last night was certainly quality running because after finishing I could hardly stand and I dropped my Cadbury's Creme Egg because I was shaking that much (entry is free and all finishers get chocolate at the end!). The results aren't out yet but should be posted here soon

No comments:

Post a Comment