Thursday 24 March 2011

Simon's Seat

It was our final 'timed training run' of the winter last night. A 5 miles / 1000 feet climb of Simon's Seat from the Craven Arms in quite possibly my favourite Wharfedale village, Appletreewick

I've not seen the results yet but guess there were around 15 to 20 of us including local fell running champions Ted Mason and Ian Holmes. I managed the run in seven minutes faster than I've done in the past and was very pleased with myself (in fairness Ted, who 'won', set a record time and it was a perfect evening for running)

After the race, oops, 'timed training run', we retired to the pub for beer and the usual stories of getting lost, discussions of summer plans etc. I'd managed to organise a lift up and back down the dale, which was handy because the Saltaire Raspberry Blond went down even better than ace descender Ted in a new pair of fell shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment