Thursday 3 March 2011

Twins and noodles

I arrived safely in Bangkok around six hours ago after an overnight flight from Schipol, Amsterdam on KLM. I thought I might be in for an interrupted night as the couple sat opposite me had what I guessed to be six month old twin boys with them. However the twins and I got some sleep on the plane (incidentally I'm a twin and identical twins like the lads on the plane fascinate me as me and my twin brother are not alike at all) and I didn't feel too bad when I got to the hotel

This evening I've been to the bar in the hotel for a 'welcome drink'. This is a freebie to entice you into the bar if you're being cynical and tonight's was some kind of lurid green fruit-based concoction i.e. really not my thing!

The menu in the bar wasn't very exciting but what looked like a pretty unappealing plate of chicken, veg and noodles wasn't too bad, especially after a couple of non-fruit based cold Singha beers. I've been looking forward to a Thai curry for the last few days and maybe I'll get one tomorrow lunchtime or night. It seemed odd them not having what's kind of the national dish on the menu; a bit like an English pub not having roast beef, or fish and chips

No comments:

Post a Comment