Friday 15 April 2011

Reps and plans

It was back to the hills reps over on Ilkley Moor last night: 4 x 550ft on a near perfect evening to be out. A group of Ilkley Harriers were training in the same part of the moor, plus a few friends from Wharfedale too. I'm not sure if it was bumping repeatedly into those guys, or the fact I've lost 12pounds since Christmas now, or simply that the training is really starting to pay off but I was back at my car eight minutes faster than I've managed before. I was well chuffed!

I've got a weekend at home planned for a change. Tonight I'm meeting my old boss for a pint and a catch up. Tomorrow I'm finally going to get some new fell shoes then head up into Wharfedale for a longish run. On Sunday I'm meeting Dave if he's shaken off the cold he's had all week for more training

I'd overlooked the fact that I could have done the LDWA Grasmere Fells, Tarns and Gingerbread challenge event, which looks good, but it'll be nice to have a weekend where I don't have to drive over to Lakeland and sleeping in my own bed will be a novelty too

1 comment:

  1. You missed a treat with Grasmere Fells & Tarns, but I wouldn't deny you a sleep in your own bed just for once. My pictures might complement Ian's but they'd never match them.

    ReplyDelete