Tuesday 3 May 2011

Easter in Lakeland

After seizing the opportunity to extend our Easter break to Monday morning we didn't get back to Yorkshire until early afternoon yesterday. We had a great holiday helped by amazing weather. Apart from some clag on Easter Saturday we had clear skies and loads of sunshine virtually every day. I never had a map out once apart from in the cottage in the evening whilst planning runs and my waterproofs stayed in my rucksack all week!

Our training went as planned and included a a run out from Dunmail to Rossett Pike and back on leg 3, climbing up to Mickledore then going via Foxes Tarn to Scafell and back to Wasdale with Paul, nipping over to Langdale to meet Ian from Southwell, ascending Rossett Gill and going as far as Scafell with him before dropping down to the cottage via Slight Side and Moasdale and a recce of leg 1 with Yiannis, which was as good a day out on the hill as I can remember. We also ran over to Coniston Old Man to watch the fell race on Saturday

The runs totaled around 81miles with 31,000feet of climb over the break and I found out this morning I lost another three pounds in weight during the time off, to make 15 in total since New Year. Stef's BG is a week on Friday and I'm praying the good weather holds and can't wait to get back up the Lakes to support her

No comments:

Post a Comment