Tuesday 21 June 2011

Back into it

I've done very little training since completing my Bob Graham around five weeks ago. I found the Sutton race a struggle on Sunday (possibly not helped by way too fast a start) so thought it was about time I got going again. Last night I did 5 x 150ft hill reps on Beamsley Beacon. The bottom two fields are horribly runnable, it was a very hot and humid evening, and the fourth and fifth reps were tough but I'm back

I don't think I've mentioned but I've had a sore hip since my BG but thankfully this seems to be slowly clearing up. Nearly 24hours of running and walking over rough mountain terrain must take a hell of a toll on your body and my feet were sore too for three weeks or so, but I feel like I've recovered largely now

What I need is a target for the autumn. I was hoping to have a run at the Yorkshireman marathon, but think I'll be in China in early to mid September so I'll have to think of something else. A trawl through the FRA race calendar and the LDWA challenge event list is in order I think

No comments:

Post a Comment