Sunday 24 July 2011

Saturday night in Dhaka

After setting off from home to Manchester airport before 4pm on Friday I got to my hotel in Dhaka around 10pm last night. The first room I was given was small and dark but thankfully I managed to get a move to a slightly better one. The bar in the hotel is very basic, there's no kettle in the room and I'm still to see what breakfast is like (it's 7-30am here now) but I think I can about manage for a week

Radisson has a great hotel here, but it's now around 300 US dollars per night, which is prohibitively expensive. The Regency, where I stayed recently, is decent and much cheaper but at the wrong end of town for seeing customers. I'm going to have to find a reasonable alternative because business trips to Bangladesh will be ongoing and I need somewhere where I'm happy to stay

No comments:

Post a Comment