Thursday 14 July 2011

Stirton fell race

It was a great evening for the Stirton race; sunny but with a nice cooling breeze. As planned, I helped Brett by marshaling the junior races before running the main event. It was good to see Robert, one of the FRA forum moderators, over here from France with his family, and his son winning the under-8s race too!

I can't make my mind up whether the new course is quicker or slower than the old but my gut feeling is it's a bit quicker. This was the sixth race I've done since my BG and I think I'm getting my legs turning over a bit faster again as I beat one or two runners who've been finishing ahead of me recently

After the race we went over to the New Inn in Cononley, affectionally known as the 'Front Room' by Brett and his friends. The Taylor's Golden Best was on very good form. Results for the race should be up here soon  

No comments:

Post a Comment