Sunday 18 September 2011

Earthquake!

There I was sat at my desk in the hotel a few minutes ago looking at my lap-top when suddenly I noticed the chair wobbling. I thought it was me but then realised the lamp at the side of me and the curtains were moving too. A few moments later I heard someone speaking English outside the door so stuck my head out and it was an American guy from California. He confirmed we'd just had a tremor, which had highly unsettled some other guests. He added the best thing to do was probably stay where I was

Here I am now hoping and praying that whatever we felt wasn't caused by something highly destructive a few hundred miles away. Bangladesh is an extremely poor country with shocking infrastructure and the last thing they need is a bad earthquake, especially now, in the rainy season

No comments:

Post a Comment