Wednesday 14 September 2011

Out and about

My samples are finally on their way out of Dubai and I got out of the hotel to see a couple of customers yesterday. The samples will not clear customs before I return home on Friday morning but we can test them next time I'm here, probably in late-October or early November

Last night I had a pizza in the Italian restaurant in the hotel. It wasn't too bad, although it was suspiciously round in shape (I suspect imported, maybe frozen, bases are topped with local fresh ingredients). I also tried some more of the local Carews Whisky. Carews distill spirits here in Bangladesh. The rum was my staple last time I came but they don't have it in this hotel sadly. Alarmingly, the gin smells of Germolene although that might have been the Singaporean tonic I had with it the other night! The whisky doesn't make a bad drink with Coke and plenty of fresh lime and ice

No comments:

Post a Comment