Tuesday 11 October 2011

What next?

I've had a lot of running friends and club-mates asking me what I have planned next now the Bob Graham adventure is complete. To be honest the answer is not a lot! I wondered about entering the Lakeland 100 but the thought of another winter and spring training hard for what would be a big target event isn't that attractive. I get the impression the 100 is a whole load more runnable than the BG and on valley tracks and paths rather than traversing ridges and peaks, which might not be my thing. I love running over mountains, not necessarily around them

What I am planning and looking forward to is helping Becca and Martyn with their recceing and attempts next year, and also getting involved with our club's attempts at the Billy Bland Challenge probably in June. There have preliminary discussions regarding having men's and women's teams, so there will be plenty of recceing to help with. The other thing I need to do is get my BG club certificate framed asap!!

1 comment:

  1. How about the Merionydd round or something in South Snowdonia, nice and wild with little or no trodden paths?

    ReplyDelete