Monday 28 November 2011

1100 miles

No not a new ultra-running event but my mileage over the weekend. On Friday afternoon I drove to Stef's in our work van in the hope (and expectation) one load would bring her stuff up to Yorkshire but it was soon clear that wouldn't be the case. I therefore drove back up North on Saturday with the first load, and back down to Southampton and then home again yesterday. Dave helped me unload at mine this morning and (and yesterday morning) and was a massive help along with Stef's folks and her colleague Tony loading on Saturday morning

I've just eaten a massive meat and potato pie with a liberal helping of baked beans and whilst I was pretending to be Desperate Dan it dawned on me that it was my first proper meal since Friday night in Stef's (old!) local. I am very much looking forward to an early night tonight because I'm absolutely shattered but the job is done

No comments:

Post a Comment