Tuesday 15 November 2011

Back in Lakeland


Becca and I did our planned run from Langdale on Saturday. The weather was a bit hit and miss but we were treated to occasional breaks in the clag. We met Simon from Otley AC on Pike O' Stickle and spent a couple of hours passing and then being passed by a group of lads doing a recce from Borrowdale

My legs were quite sore on Sunday but I managed a six mile walk on the Dales Way, from Barden Tower up to Burnsall and back. I called in at Wharfe View tea room for chocolate cake and tea and was delighted to see several dippers, four or five goosander including one very smart male plus at least four flocks of long tailed tits during my walk. LTTs are a great favourite of mine and they seem to around be in good numbers in spite of two brutal winters, which must make life extremely hard for them!

Stef is in limbo with her job application but is hoping to hear something maybe next week. There's a decent chance we will meet up down in Derbyshire next weekend. It's quite rare for me to go back to my home county nowadays and two trips in three weeks is highly unusual!

No comments:

Post a Comment