Friday 4 November 2011

Mixed news

Stef and I went for a jog round the village last night. We did a couple of miles and it was Stef's first run post operation. We're going down to Southampton tomorrow via my brother's in the Midlands and we'll do another run on Sunday morning. Hopefully this will be the start of Stef getting back into some regular training

I went to the doctor's today for a health-check after registering recently. Apparently my blood pressure was high and I will have to go back for more tests including I suspect ultimately a 24hour monitoring. I went through a similar process around 10 to 15years ago after moving house and I am fitter and healthier now than then. It'll be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks. The nurse, who runs with Ilkley Harriers, was very impressed when I said I'd done the Bob Graham! My weight isn't bad, I don't smoke (and never have) and I do exercise; maybe less beer will be the answer if I have a problem and it wasn't simply 'white-coat hypertension'

No comments:

Post a Comment