Monday 5 December 2011

A good day

I've had a good day today. The weather has been beautiful for a start: maybe 30degrees C but not humid at all. We had three decent customer meetings including lunch with one who insisted I had 'one beer' with him. Thankfully the beer was served with an enormous chunk of ice in the glass (this is another hangover from french colonial times) and because I drank it so slowly I think there was more water in the glass than beer. Tonight I managed a three mile run on the treadmill. The hotel gym has been refurbished since I was last here in March and has been improved considerably. This evening I've had a steak sandwich with french fries. I've had much worse days on the road

2 comments:

  1. I had to do a double take with the first two lines :-), sleet is slanting across our dark car park in the north lincolnshire countryside ... and it`s 2 degrees! and it's 3.50pm. Wish you were here??

    Cheers for that icy beer reference ... :-o

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 degrees and sleet slanting in: sounds like August Bank Holiday in Skegness ;-)

    ReplyDelete