Friday 23 March 2012

Simon's Seat night race

It was the now traditional 'last timed training run' of the winter last night up Simon's Seat from the Craven Arms in Appletreewick. I set off relatively quickly (only third last after a few hundred yards!) and nearly caught a lad from Wharfedale on the steepest part of the main climb 

A bit further up John, who I'm doing the Saunders MM with later in the year, caught me. John and I had a cat and mouse race from there on with him letting me show him the way (I found out later in the pub). We ended up in a sprint finish from outside the New Inn back to the Craven. I came second in the sprint

John and I think we'll be well matched for the Saunders and we need now to start thinking about a weekend dress rehearsal in the Lakes with MM kit etc. I'm not a fan of small stuffy tents and John must be well over six feet tall so it might make for an interesting night on the hill. Stef has just seen what I'm posting and she wants to come along too, not surprisingly as she's a big camping fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment