Monday 7 May 2012

Wharfedale Bank Holiday birding


Stef and I have done a couple of lovely short birdwatching walks over the Bank Holiday weekend with Stef's parents. Yesterday we parked in Starbotton and walked up to Buckden and back via the excellent West Winds teashop and today we did my old favourite Barden Bridge to Cavendish Pavilion loop

We managed to see all the classic Wharfedale specials I'd hoped we'd see including wood warbler, pied flycatcher, dipper, kingfisher, mandarin duck, all three species of wagtail including a stunning male yellow wagtail, redstart, treecreeper, common sandpiper, nutchatch and sand martin. I was chuffed with a male redstart yesterday and a female this morning in particular, because redstart is a bit of a bogey bird for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment