Tuesday 7 August 2012

Hellifield Gala fell race

It was another fast and furious short race for us on Saturday at Hellifield. Sam ran in the Under 16s and managed 5th place on debut in KCAC colours. His race was the Yorkshire Championships and although I think he was a bit disappointed I thought he did great against some lads who've been fell running for years . Stef and I ran in what was claimed to be the 3.5mile seniors' race. Our route was much harder (and felt longer) than I expected and I ended up in a mad sprint finish after passing two guys in the penultimate field only for one of them to come back when I thought I could ease down a bit. Results are here

The lads went home on Sunday morning and we went for a walk from Arncliffe to Litton, over to Buckden, down the Dales Way back to Starbotton and over again to Arncliffe. We hadn't done the crossing over Old Cote Moor Top before and had a nice walk. Nice until we spotted a thunder storm approaching on our final climb, which lead to us running back down to Arncliffe!

We had the good fortune to see a ring ouzel whilst out on Sunday. We've seen a few over the last two springs but all in the Lakes. I had a swift fly past my head only inches away in Litton. It was still feeding young, which is very late, because it would be gone usually by now

No comments:

Post a Comment