Monday 3 September 2012

Hunt for the perfect trail shoe


The ground is reputed to be hard and rough on the Lakeland 100 route and tales of mashed feet are legion , even long before the runners have finished. I wore Inov-8 Mudclaw 270 for my Bob Graham and apart from sore feet for a few days escaped relatively unscathed. I'm not a fan of cushioning in running shoes but something with decent grip and a medium-ish mid-sole will be needed I think. Current options include Inov-8 Roclite 315 (I ran the Three Peaks fell race in a box-fresh pair), Mizuno Wave Ascend (Mizuno shoes worked well for the Yoredale 100) and either Adidas Kanadia, or maybe an Asics trails shoe (I've only ever had one pair of proper road shoes and they were Asics Cumulus, which were fine for the Round Rotherham 50 and LDWA White Cliffs challenge event). Decisions, decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment