Thursday 2 May 2013

Lothersdale fell race

It was what I always think of as the start of the 'summer' last night: Lothersdale fell race. I don't know how he does it but Brett does seem to have an uncanny knack of laying on decent weather for his races and yesterday was no exception, with a bright, sunny evening;  close to perfect for racing 

Without looking back through either my blog or results list I've no idea when I last did a short fell race so I really enjoyed it. Slogging slowly and persistently up 1000 or 2000 feet climbs before jogging along a ridge with a rucksack is great but nothing beats the adrenaline rush (and pain) of a 30 minute dash! 

I met Darren from Chorley last night. He's the guy who did 101 fell races last year but he's also a big music fan, so we had a natter about bands we like after the race including Midlands-based metallers Witchfynde

Bob was out taking photos and the results should be up soon here

No comments:

Post a Comment