Thursday 18 July 2013

Roses and a one hundred mile run


Stef and I bought two wonderful rose bushes from Otley garden centre last weekend. We were supposed to be going to the Lakes to recce the start and finish of the Lakeland 100 but for various reasons decided to relax at home instead. I've never had any interest in gardening but the roses are fantastic things with the most amazing scent; sweet but not overly so, subltle, almost nutty and to me reminiscent of authentic Turkish delight

The 100 starts at tea-time a week tomorrow and is likely to be a real 'suffer-fest' if the recent hot weather contimues! I've sorted out which shoes to wear (a pair of Inov-8 Roclite 315s; nicely worn in but not worn out) but guess the rest of my kit will be decided nearer the time

1 comment:

  1. Alright Andrew,

    I check the results and see you had to retire. Not sure of the details, but I hope nothing too serious! Well done for getting as far as you did!

    Hope all is well generally, Christ how long is it since I last saw you? 2 years?

    ReplyDelete