Thursday 26 June 2014

Family

Sam is with us for a few days; mainly for his open-day intro at college yesterday, but also to see if we can all fit in the house. I picked him up in the West Country on Tuesday evening from his dad's, and we did well getting home an hour or so before midnight after a better than expected drive up the M5 and M6

Yesterday I took Sam to college and asked him on arrival if he wanted me to come into reception with him. "No, it'll be fine" he said, and he was right; it was fine

Last night we had a BBQ. It was fun manning the charcoal and tongs, plus sorting out drinks. The fact Stef and Sam finished their food sitting under golf umbrellas didn't put too much of a dampener on things

I've never felt part of a family (I know only seven people with my surname and two of them are a couple who will be divorced soon), and it's a very long time since I've felt as content as I do this morning. I think we'll be okay

No comments:

Post a Comment