Wednesday 23 February 2011

The Chevin

I met Geoff, a friend off the FRA forums, last night after work at the Surprise View car park above Otley Chevin for a session of hill reps. We did five up and downs of what looks like circa 650ft on the OS map, starting off in the light but mostly with head torches. About half way through the session we spotted a light near the top of the climb and it belonged to one of my KCAC friends Steve Brock, who helped me on last year's BG attempts, which was a nice surprise. He joined us on a couple of climbs before running over to Otley to meet his wife

The ascent/ descent was mostly done on stone steps and the climb is relatively steep compared to my route on Ilkley Moor. My knees are sore this morning as three out of the last four training sessions I've done have been reps and I've done 11,000ft in the last week. The climbing is good but I don't really want to be doing reps more than once a week; it's just how things have worked out recently, especially with being away at the weekend. I'm looking forward to a more gentle run out now with the club tonight from the White Lion in Kildwick, followed by a pint!

No comments:

Post a Comment