Monday 13 June 2011

All change

I got an email after I'd blogged on Friday saying there was a general strike in Bangladesh called for yesterday and today and warning me that working life in Dhaka would be at best very difficult and realistically impossible. Following this and several phone calls I cancelled my planned trip and therefore I've been at home unexpectedly all weekend!

The good news is not going away as I'd organised originally meant I had chance to see Dave and Sara yesterday and enjoy some time with their families celebrating Douglas' first birthday. We had a lovely hour outside eating birthday cake and drinking coffee before the rain set it but it was great to see Douglas, who was in good form and recovered now from his bout of chicken pox

My new plan is to go to Dhaka tomorrow via Dubai and return on Friday. India has been postponed for the time being. All change!

No comments:

Post a Comment